Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.
One of the keys to controlling the carbohydrate intake is consuming the right type of fibrous carbohydrates. It makes it easier to consume when there is a variety of vegetables that you can consume.
Below is a list of fibrous carbs that will allow you to minimize your calorie intake, even if you decide to consume large portions.
- Beans (green)
- Bok Choy and other Asian greens
- Brussel sprouts
- Courgettes (zucchini)
- Eggplant (aubergine)
- Mung beans (and other bean sprouts)
- Onion (remember red onion for salads)
- Parsnip (moderate portions)
- Spinach (remember baby spinach for salads also)
- Swede (moderate portions)
Something that you will need to consider is how you will prepare these so that you will have enough variety with what you eat.
I find it easier to prepare these in an oven. This is because the vegetables tend to caramelize and taste sweeter.
Alternatively, you can opt to steam or boil the vegetables.
What are some items that you should consider buying?
Want to lose body fat?